Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Seniors went on getaway, so we juniors ate!

Did I mention my Bio teacher and I share a special bond? Yep, he's one of the biggest foodies I know. He and his wife make their own sourdough, INCLUDING the starter, which they make with fermented grapes! He also made his own fatty tuna sashimi with freshly grated wasabi.... talk about hardcore!

The other day he came up to me in the hallway and said with a completely straight face, "Most decadent dinner ever. Cubed pork shoulder, marinated overnight in salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Then roasted in the oven for four hours in olive oil and served on a bed of arugula." He's quite a character.february 045

Anyways, my point is that on Monday the seniors went on Getaway and since Bio is first thing in the morning, we decided to eat. The food spread:

I brought homemade granola, applesauce, and a chunk of leftover coffeecake. There was also orange juice, chocolate peanut butter cookies, and he brought a clementine cake.

All I ate was the cake, but it was divine! He said the only ingredients were eggs, ground almonds, and boiled clementines (and sugar, I presume). It was so full of eggs that it was almost like the inside of a souffle: impossibly moist yet cakey. It was sweet like a lemon square, but bitter because of the citrus zest. It was amazing.february 039 february 041 february 048 february 042 february 043 february 046 february 047

Best class of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home