Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Breakfast recaps

  While it's been nice not feeling obligated to blog every day (or think about food ALL the time), I must confess that I've missed it a bit. I've still been photographing my meals, don't worry (Although I've stopped photographing negligible items, i.e. a clementine), and because we're having our annual Chinese New Year's party tonight (DEFINITELY worth blogging), I decided to catch up a little bit so that I'm not totally in over my head when I blog the party, which is an International Dumpling Party (more on that later).

Oatmeal has been divine-- maybe it's the freezing cold weather?After hiatus 009After hiatus 007After hiatus 006 Carrot cake oats (topping=yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon)

 After hiatus 017After hiatus 016

Almonds, almond butter, coconut 

After hiatus 029 After hiatus 035 After hiatus 036

Trail mixAfter hiatus 043

After hiatus 051

Pumpkin pie oats-- see the smoke rising from the lake?

After hiatus 123 After hiatus 124

Carrot cake again-- this time with walnuts and coconut

After hiatus 137 After hiatus 138 After hiatus 139 After hiatus 140

Leftover cardamom pistachio cake with fruit, Greek yogurt, and a mocha :) decadence at its best

After hiatus 063

Pumpkin with pomegranate molasses, pomegranate, walnuts and Greek yogurt

After hiatus 151 After hiatus 148 After hiatus 150

Peanut butter puffins, caramelized apple chutney, cinnamon raisin peanut butter

After hiatus 175 After hiatus 167 After hiatus 168 After hiatus 171

Pomegranate combo with almond butter

After hiatus 194 After hiatus 189 After hiatus 191

Butternut Squash and graham cracker

After hiatus 204 After hiatus 202 After hiatus 207

Butternut squash and trail mix

I love macro photos... seems like lately I've been more into the photography than writing part of blogging.

Anyways, I haven't been able to do that much exercise: today I went for my first outdoor run since New York... hopefully I'm not that out of shape and it was just the weather-- 2 DEGREES, PEOPLE! I went on a shortish run, but did sprint intervals on the way back. My lungs felt like they were crystallizing from the inside!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much to catch up on; esp dumpling party (next year, spread the net wider) but also all the other goodies. wish I liked oatmeal and its fixings; remember how keen you were in London to find PORRIDGE and we finally did on almost the last day.
as always, so much fun to read these, even if I'm still a devoted carnivore. from you know who.

February 2, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home