Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Exhibition Opening + Food

My dad is a curator, so occasionally we get to go see contemporary art openings which are then followed by dinners. Usually, they're at restaurants, but for once, Friday's was a home cooked meal at my friend Julie's (well, my dad's friend, but we're really close) house.

The show was fantastic! It was a young Laotian-American artist named Von Kommanivanh, and the show itself was called "You are Ugly."  

After hiatus 147Check out the Anti-Barbie! It reminds of when I used the hair from my decapitated barbies to make a wig that I wore when I dressed up as Galileo in fourth grade.

After hiatus 148 After hiatus 155 After hiatus 164 After hiatus 157 After hiatus 166 I love this one! It was actually on a dry erase board.

Anyways, moving on to the food.

Julie and her friend had cooked all of it! It was actually really delicious.

After hiatus 170 After hiatus 171 The round objects at the left are grapes covered in Roquefort and nuts.After hiatus 173 After hiatus 174 The salad at the right had pineapple and citrus fruit, FRESH coconut, cashews, mint, and a lime dressing. It was fantastic.

After hiatus 178 Spinach and feta quiche with a potato crust.

After hiatus 175 Chicken couscous salad (looked delicious)

After hiatus 179 After hiatus 177

Normally I wouldn't partake in brownies (was never that big a fan), but Julie convinced me, and after I took a bite of a chewy, fudgy square studded with chocolate chips, she told me they were fat-free. How in the world is that possible?! I didn't believe her, but sure enough, she showed me the mix, which all you add to is yogurt. It was Pudge-Free brownie mix or something? Either way, it was surprisingly tasty.

There were some other photos that somehow didn't upload. I might add them later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home