Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

International Dumpling Party-- SUPER BELATED

Sadly, our party was not as much of a success this year :(

I'm not sure whether it was due to the fact that grad students are all getting jobs and going away or that people were sick, or just not as creative.... but there definitely weren't as many options.

That being said, there were still some good eats. After hiatus 006

My friends Aoife and Kaitlyn-- not all my friends are Asian, this was just a coincidence. I feel like my posts are getting more and more Asian... speaking of which, I'm so happy about the comments I got on the Hot Pot post! I feel like I've now discovered the world of Asian and half-Asian food blogs... maybe this'll make me start blogging again!

Raw dumplings-- homemade filling of pork, dried shrimp, cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, garlic, ginger... not sure what else goes in there. The hardcore early bird students show up to chop cabbage with massive cleavers.

After hiatus 005

The Korean dumplings are the awesome round ones that look like UFOs.After hiatus 007 After hiatus 008 Samosas-- obviously store bought

After hiatus 012

My favorite thing!!! Indian spinach dumplings with yogurt sauce-- think falafel, but with more vegetables. I really must get the recipe. They were divine as leftovers, especially with hummus.

After hiatus 013

After hiatus 019

After hiatus 015 Spinach and cheese calzones

My mom made matzoh ball soup! Here are the knaidlach: After hiatus 020

Somebody was making an Asian dessert with adzuki bean filling:After hiatus 016 After hiatus 017 After hiatus 026 After hiatus 030 Vegetarian lasagne... does it fit the theme? Kind of, I guess. There's a filling.

After hiatus 022 After hiatus 023 After hiatus 024 After hiatus 025

My plate: After hiatus 027

On my plate is also a pie with escarole and mushrooms.

Ironically, some of the best things there were the frozen vegetarian dumplings from Chinatown (I do feel like I missed out on stuff without eating meat, though :() After hiatus 028

There was only one thing (!) for dessert, and it was too sweet for me: graham crackers with toffee and walnuts. HOWEVER, it proved to be excellent crumbled over oatmeal.After hiatus 031

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home