Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catch up with a lot of photos

 January 076

Sorry guys! Things have been a bit hectic, what with school starting again and not being able to blog recent events with all my New York stuff. Looks like I'll be doing more highlights-- sometimes even without descriptions. Sorry, but part of my New Year's Resolution was to not slack off in my AP classes...

Anyways, I'll blog today's eats, then various meals or items of intrigue.

School's been good, by the way! I'm taking a great short story writing workshop and on Thursday I'll have my first meeting of a student-faculty book club reading Anna Karenina! I might also try out for SET (Student Experimental Quarter). I guess if last quarter was my "athletic quarter," this quarter is my "artsy quarter"

Breakfast: An English muffin (one half with Crunch Time and White Chocolate Wonderful and one half with my Chocolate Banana peanut butter), a banana, a Fage with muesli and honey, and some Earl GrayJanuary 077

Snack: Kashi cherry chocolate chip bar (in lunch box). Tuesdays I always need a mid-morning snack because I have all my classes in the morning without a break. All that thinking makes me extra hungry.

Lunch: Leftover lentil vegetable soup, 2 clementines, and a wrap with hummus, yellow pepper, and leftover harissa shrimp.

January 079

Snack before piano duo make up lesson: Finished off the container of cottage cheese with strawberries, wheat germ, cinnamon, sprinkle of almonds and walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

January 080 

Dinner: My Uncle's here, so Korean take out it was. Sadly, my mom didn't get the Jap Chae (glass noodles) vegetarian... I went as far as trying to pick out the beef, but it was pretty difficult.

However, we had a seafood pancake with squid, carrots, onions, and scallions, tofu and kimchi soup with a poached egg, and there was some kind of bulgogi (beef dish).January 086January 085January 083January 081January 084

Of course, we also got the free little side dishes of potatoes, soy bean sprouts, radish, and kimchi.January 082 January 087

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaytlin's lunch looks healthier ;)

As for the Artsy quarter, this is mine as well. Though... last quarter was art as well. Last quarter should have been more art. For colleges...... oh well.

Delicious oatmeal. I don't normally like oatmeal.

I started drinking coffee again. I want to switch back to tea.

January 8, 2009 at 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hot pot looked absolutely fabulous. are you collecting your dad's recipes? your photos are getting better and better and better.
stay warm!! and blog more when you have a chance.

January 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home