Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dixie Kitchen


This is from a few weeks ago, but keep forgetting to update.
Cute, local restaurant... one of the few we have here in Hyde Park.
They always bring you pancakes (Johnnycakes) instead of bread!! Sweet!
Ordered fried green tomatoes.
Blackened catfish with greens (cooked with meat substitute, but WAY TOO SALTY) and rice and beans. And a corn muffin.
Dad: two fried baby catfish with mashed sweet potatoes (basically pie filling) and corn.
I used to get the Southern Sampler, which had jambalaya, gumbo, rice and beans, AND a corn muffin and could finish it no problem.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger eclecticFLgirl said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm super thrilled to know there are other high school food bloggers out there! I've added you to my blog list =]

All of your food pics look sooo delish!

As for your Q about getting readers...other than posting frequently on blogs you read to get your blog "out there", I don't really have any advice =/

October 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another Hyde Park restaurant that I don't really remember from when I went there years ago. Doesn't look too bad. It also looks like you could live off of johnnycakes and just honey on them. You know, sit down, eat them, and leave.

How are the prices?

October 26, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home