Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breakfast and dessert

This picture is here because I love it. It was my dad's breakfast. If you ask me, he has a talent for food photography.

At breakfast-time I am a wild animal. In fact, I think one of the only incentives I have to get up is the prospect of a huge bowl of oatmeal, some yogurt, and a generous spoonful of peanut butter. I don't even want to think of the calories I consume at breakfast, and no matter how much I eat, I'm still starving by 4th period (11:30).




This week two of my best oatmeals were carrot cake oatmeal, partially inspired by Kath, and almond pear oatmeal, with baked pear, almond extract, slivered and chopped almonds, and almond butter (this was inspired by the pear-almond tarts in French bakeries). Also tropical oatmeal with pineapple, macadamia nuts, and coconut.




I've also been eating more dessert than normal, even if it is usually pretty healthy (frozen yogurt and fruit or baked apples).
I blame this partly on the fact that my mom chose to make the most amazing fruit crisp ever with the overripe plums and pears. We baked it again to make it crispier today and ate it with Greek yogurt. I ate way more than I should have because it was too good. I'd take this over chocolate cake any day.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home