Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Taste the Rainbow (Roll)




Happy Wednesday! For me that means lots of piano and HALFWAY THROUGH THE WEEK!
Moby-Dick was so fun today... everybody presented their projects. One of my friends even wrote music for different chapters! People acted out skits, even made quilts, etc.
Breakfast-- I was sad to see the last of the gingerbread go (Surprised it lasted this long)... I sprinkled it over Greek yogurt and blackberries with wheat germ and had a banana and peanut butter on the side.
Snack-- I had some dried apricots and Kashis... but I only ate a few crackers.
Lunch-- Leftover fried rice, bok choy/mushrooms and a pear that got smooshed and oozed all over my lunchbox.
After school I had to go straight to chamber music, followed by a private lesson. To kill time in between I just practiced more piano... God, I played for 3 hours straight today and I didn't even notice. I was going to have a Luna Bar but I only ended up eating an apple.

For dinner, my dad and I were starving, and since I DON'T HAVE ANY HOMEWORK TONIGHT (it's a miracle!) we went to the nearby sushi place, Sushi Wabi, which is super chic and awesome.
Turns out 2 is the perfect number to sit at the sushi bar.
My dad got sake.

To start with, we got the goma-ae, the blanched spinach bundles with sweet sesame sauce. This time I really tasted honey in the sauce. Either way, I love spinach in any form.
We also order grilled eggplant with miso sauce. There was actually no oil in this at all, yet it was delicious! I'm pretty sure it was steamed, then grilled with the sauce, which it was only lightly drizzled with.
As for sushi, we got one Rainbow roll (avocado, tuna, salmon, unagi (eel)). Sushi Wabi is known for their over-the-top rolls such as Tarantula and Caterpillar.
We also got nigiri (2 pieces of each order): yellowtail, tuna, octopus, and scallop (these are AMAZING raw).

I had one of each nigiri, plus 2 of the rainbow. Perfect amount of food for me, except I started getting weird stomach pains afterwards. I took my acid medicine and everything was fine... except I'm too young to be having these problems!





Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger originallycliche said...

Yummy. :)

December 18, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home