Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I can't think of a title for this post

Wednesday is piano day.
Caught a ride to school with some extremely nice neighbors.
Breakfast: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup of my butternut squash from last night, 1/2 banana, the rest of our cranberry sauce stirred in (this didn't look as pretty, but at least it wasn't cold) 1/3 cup oat milk, 1/3 cup water, Greek yogurt, candied walnuts.
I didn't have a snack today, but I did grab a carrot from my lunch box.
Lunch: tofu sandwich with hummus and spinach! It was kind of bland... maybe it needed mustard (weird with hummus though) or something. But super satisfying!
I was really craving hummus, so I had more carrots and celery with more hummus.
And a pear.
The lunch spread you see includes snacks for music.
I took the bus downtown after school to music... I got there about 45 minutes early, so I went to Starbucks because I was literally FALLING asleep. I couldn't decide what to get, but I didn't make such a good decision in the end. Whereas I like the sweetness of mochas, the pumpkin spice latte was just NOT for me. I thought it tasted way too sugary by the end... and what's in it, anyway? It was orange... was there actually pumpkin in it?

I had an apple. I was originally going to have a larabar too, but I thought that was overkill.
Quartet went well, but because the coach is a cellist, there wasn't really much I could do...
Private lesson was the opposite-- in an hour, we only got through 2 pages of a nocturne!
So my dad picked me up (back from his trip, but he leaves tomorrow) and we went home, where we had the world's fastest dinner.
He stir-fried some cauliflower, we had leftover brown rice, string beans, and those salmon sausages I bought at Whole Foods.
The verdict: DELICIOUS! Tasted just like meat to me! It's not that you couldn't tell it was salmon, but the texture was very convincing. It's not even meant to imitate meat, I don't think, but it was great. I ate it with ketchup and mustard.
I was starving, given lack of snacks and being out of the house for over 12 hours, so I had seconds.


And thirds on cauliflower that I didn't photograph.
I still wanted something sweet, so I had grapes and a zen soy swirl pudding... I still can't decide if I like them or not. I like the first bite, and then by the end I already feel like I shouldn't buy them again.

I love my Sailor Moon spoon...
tomorrow is my friend Kaitlyn's birthday, and I'm making her a special lunch :) Nothing fancy, but it'll be fun for me, because I'll pack her stuff I would never make for myself (she's the opposite of me... carnivorous, junk-foody, etc.): I'm thinking a marshmallow, nutella and banana sandwich. I'll also leave her a little card and maybe some other cute things.
Good night!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks delicious! How do you keep your sandwich from getting all soggy, lol?

December 4, 2008 at 7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm another yummy looking tofu sandwich!

December 4, 2008 at 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sailor Moon! haha, in elementary school, I was STOKED because I had the same birthday as sailor moon.... ooooh those were the days, haha!
Salmon sausages, huh? That sounds peculiar, but very interesting. I am very excited, because they are FINALLY building a Whole Foods in Santa Barbara in 2009! Yay-yeah!
Happy Thursday, girlie!

December 4, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Lovely breakfast!!

HOORAY FOR LARABARS!!! My daily eat.

I remember Sailor Moon :-)

Enjoy your friend's birthday celebration!!

December 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home