Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Friday, December 19, 2008

IT'S BREAK!

I'M FREE!!! and my mom comes back tomorrow!!!! I must say I haven't been doing exercise these past few days, but it's been too awful outside to run, and I couldn't get into the workout room at school :( tomorrow, definitely.

Thursday
Breakfast was a fabulous oatmeal creation: Blackberry cardamom oats!
These had 1/2 cup of oats, a cup of oat milk, 1/2 banana, blackberries, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, Greek yogurt, and a drizzle of cashew butter, which made the entire bowl!

Snack: Carrots (plus some leftover Kashis)

Lunch: I actually went out for lunch and didn't take a photo :( But I went to the Medici and got a great veggie sandwich on olive ciabatta with goat cheese, roasted red peppers, hummus, pesto, and a ton of spinach. I got cole slaw but didn't really eat it... meanwhile, I ate an entire HUGE sandwich... it definitely kept me full till dinner.
Dinner: We had a fast, simple, LIGHT meal, which was exactly what I wanted. It was a group effort: my dad cut up all the vegetables and I made the omelettes. We had green pepper and mushroom omelettes with Trader Joe's butternut squash soup that I doctored (sauteed some sage in butter, added half a pear and some ginger) and salad.
And toast, of course.


Dessert: an apple
HA, this looks like the Twilight cover!


Friday

Breakfast: Strawberry banana oats
1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 banana, lots of overripe strawberries, stevia, vanilla, cardamom (can't get enough!), almonds, Greek Yogurt, peanut butter
Snack: chopped up apple (turned down lots of yummy looking holiday cookies :()
(ignore Luna bar picture)

Lunch: Sandwich with hummus and tempeh mole (I can't believe this is still good but I guess it keeps really well...) and watercress
Carrots and pepper strips
Grapes

I really wanted to work out after school, but like I said, complications arose. I went and hung out with the swim team... so many memories. I really miss these people. They were having pizza and lots of junk food, but I decided to come back early so I can greet my mom in the morning. I was STARVING and ate a ton.
My dad made stir-fried broccoli and a tofu dish with corn, peas, and celery.
Later: a tangerine

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home