Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Art of the Bagel: NYC breakfasts

This morning after my run, I walked with my mom to pick up a big bag of bagels ("Are they fresh?" "Of course, Lady"), a clay-like brick of fresh cream cheese, and 4 kinds of smoked salmon (nova, gravlax, pastrami, and regular salted lox).
Sadly, I was feeling the aftermath of yesterday's indulgence, and all I really wanted was a nice big bowl of yogurt, cottage cheese, and grapenuts.
All the same, I appreciated that artistically inspiring image that is the bagel with lox and cream cheese, especially with a bite taken out of it. My cousin made fun of me to no end, but can you not see the beauty here?









Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home