Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pasta Party

Before I blog about Sectionals and today, I'll go back to last night's pasta party, which was a lot of fun! After practice, we headed over to the party (practice was pretty easy-- just 6 100 yard sprint sets, warm up and cool down, and we were done!) .
It was different from my party by a lot, in that it was all Italian pasta. It was cute-- my friend Aimee's (who asked specifically to be put on the blog) parents put out vegetables, pita chips, pretzels, delicious hummus, and salsa out for us to munch.
I ate a LOT of veggies and hummus.

I really liked the way the pasta and sauces were set up-- very Flat Top-ish and clever!

There were 4 different pasta shapes: corkscrew, spaghetti, rice noodles, and ravioli, and they were all served naked without sauce.
On the side there was vegetarian marinara sauce, non-vegetarian marinara, pesto, low-fat alfredo, mushrooms, chicken, tomatoes, grilled peppers, cheese, and olives, as well as a huge salad with romaine, feta, and tomatoes.
I loaded my first plate with half salad (no dressing was really needed), vegetables, pesto, marinara, and a little of each kind of pasta. The gigantic cheese ravioli hit the spot!
For my second plate, I just got refills on marinara (I could literally drink sauce... I'm weird that way), salad and vegetables :)
Despite dessert not even being the kind of dessert I usually eat, I thought I deserved it and ate it with relish.
There was store-bought angel food cake, homemade chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, strawberries, and Cool Whip.



I wanted a little of everything (except the Cool Whip) and took half a cookie, and small pieces of each cake, along with a glass of milk to wash it down.
After dinner we sang karaoke and made signs for the meet. I was so nervous! I went home and went STRAIGHT to bed, I was so exhausted.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home