Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures

I live to eat. Yes, I am an Asian Jew. My favorite meal is breakfast (oatmeal in particular). I'm only in high school, so I am a complete amateur. Some of my favorite cuisines are Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Japanese and Korean. I eat so much Chinese food that it's hard to say whether I like it or not... all I know is that I don't like what most of America seems to think of as Chinese food, Panda Express. I'm a pescetarian and love coming up with my own healthy fusion food.

Monday, August 11, 2008

BROWN RICE!



It is with pleasure that I report the purchase of a package of brown rice from the supermarket. For some reason, brown rice and whole grains are hard to come by here, and every time I eat pasty, unfilling white rice I miss its nutty counterpart.
This is a healthy post. Sorry to those hot chocolate-macaroon readers. Anyway, before my swimming session (1.5 hours with a coach) today I decided maybe I should have a little snack (I ate breakfast early), so I had a Luna tea cake. Not sure what I think of them. A lot of calories in about four square inches, but that was good for what I was aiming for. As for the flavor, not bad. The one I had was vanilla macadamia.
When I came back exhausted from swimming, I found a rice cooker full of brown rice waiting! We ordered dishes from downstairs. I had tomato and egg and baby bok choy, and my parents had some kind of chicken with hot peppers, along with some plain bing/ pancakes.
After that rice I feel so fulfilled. But I am so tired. I think I'll take a nap.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home